The Complete Introduction to 2D Animation (ver 2018)
Learn how to animate for any style of Hand Drawn Animation. The Complete Introduction to 2D Animation is a modernized and fun way to approach the classical animation fundamentals that is applicable to any approach of 2D. The package is a dense collection of lessons, demos, project files video lectures and advice for approaching hand drawn character animation. Aimed for students who wish to use this as a supplement, artists within the industry interested in 2D, independent animators and content creators.
The Complete Introduction to 2D Animation has three main goals, which is to:
1. Share knowledge on starting hand drawn animation without forcing down a style of animation, but teaching what is necessary
2. Give examples and multiple ideas on how to solve and explore animation concepts
3. Allow learners go on their own pace.
Table of Contents
(Each chapter may have new entries and updates in the future)
THIS VERSION CONTAINS CHAPTER 1 ONLY!
I Beginning and Learning Hand Drawn Animation (1hr 48m)
Chapter 1 is an introduction chapter where I talk about learning hand drawn animation, animation terminology, animation software you can use, how to read a timing chart and exposure sheet. There is also a 45 minute to an hour part on the Twelve Principles of Animation, and a discussion for each of the principles. Each video also talks about how to practice each of those principles.
1. Introduction to Learning Animation
1. Anyone can learn Hand Drawn Animation
2. The Benefits of Learning Hand Drawn Animation
2. Beginning Discussions and Starting Guides
1. Choosing your Hand Drawn Animation Software
2. Animation Terminology
3. The Exposure Sheet
EXTRA - 2D Animation Habits to Keep (2015)
EXTRA - Understanding Timing Charts (2015)
3. The 12 Principles of Animation
2. Squash and Stretch
4. Overlap and Follow Through
7. Slow in and Slow Out
8. Straight Ahead VS Pose to Pose
10. Secondary Action
11. Solid Drawing