The Complete Introduction to 2D Animation (ver 2018)
Learn how to animate for any style of Hand Drawn Animation. The Complete Introduction to 2D Animation is a modernized and fun way to approach the classical animation fundamentals that is applicable to any approach of 2D. The package is a dense collection of lessons, demos, project files video lectures and advice for approaching hand drawn character animation. Aimed for students who wish to use this as a supplement, artists within the industry interested in 2D, independent animators and content creators.
The Complete Introduction to 2D Animation has three main goals, which is to
1. Share knowledge on starting hand drawn animation without forcing down a style of animation, but teaching what is necessary
2. Give examples and multiple ideas on how to solve and explore animation concepts
3. Allow learners go on their own pace.
Table of Contents
(Each chapter may have new entries and updates in the future)
This contains Chapter 4 ONLY!
IV Introduction to Character Animation + Full Demos and Discussions
Chapter 4 like Chapter 2, is a collection of demo and assignment collections that now introduces character animation with the fundamentals of animation. This is a very dense and hefty packet containing hours of both discussions and process videos.
Acting and performance is also now considered in these videos, as well as more character oriented mechanics.
1. Bon Bon Jumps (Character Bounce)
2. Pug Chases Butterfly
3. The Surprised Take
4. The Swordsman
1. Pose to Pose Approach
2. Straight Ahead Approach
5. Tennis Player Pose to Pose and Straight Ahead
6. Human Walk Cycles
1. Standard Walk
2. Agressive Walk
3. Happy Walk
7. Character Run Cycles
1. Jogger (8 Frame Run)
2. Warrior Sprint (6 Frame Run)
3. Running Fox (Freestyle)
4. Running Pig (4 Frame Run)
8. Head Rotation
9. Tiny Nomad